Worldwide leader in supplying ancillary equipment to the plastics industry
PIOVAN Group is a world leader in the development and production of ancillary systems for the automatization of storage, transport and processing of polymers, plastic and food products, engineering solutions and services. From open-air silos to centralized feeding systems: they design and manufacture integrated and flexible solutions for all kinds of plastic materials. Committed to their customers and to innovations, development and future trends, they are striving to direct their professionalism towards the fulfillment of customers’ requirements. The fact that differentiates PIOVAN from their competitors is that almost all of their elements and sub-assemblies are manufactured by their own mother company. This concept of the development strategy is the reason why PIOVAN stands for quality, reliability and efficiency.
At the end of 2014, Penta, a company operating both in the plastics and food industries, joined the Group.
About PIOVAN (PDF 6.89 MB)
About PENTA (PDF 840 KB)
- In 1934, in Padova, Costante Piovan & Figli opened a high precision mechanics a workshop
- In 1964, Piovan introduced the first auxiliary equipment for the processing of polymers to the Italian market
- 1972 – the first cooling line manufactured
- 1974 – Piovan Germany opened at Garching, near München
- 1986 Piovan France opens
- 1989 – inauguration of the new building in Santa Maria di Sala (Venice), currently headquarters of the PIOVAN Group
- In the 1990’s the PIOVAN Group expanded its network by setting up branch offices in Canada, Brazil and in Asia. The company acquired a software company in order to develop remote monitoring and control of the manufacturing facilities
- In the 2000’s new plants were started in Brazil and China and new branch offices opened in Mexico, Great Britain, Austria, Hungary and the Check Republic, India, Turkey, Thailand and Indonesia. In 2008, Piovan acquired an American company called Universal Dinamics (Una-Dyn), and in 2010 the Fdm, a German company specializing in dosing technologies for the plastics extrusion industry
- In the 2010’s, Piovan asserted its position of a world market leader. By the end of 2014, Penta, a company doing business in plastics and food industries, joined the PIOVAN Group. In January 2015, a new company – Aquatech – began operating in the field of industrial cooling. An energy consulting and management company – Energys – was founded and the PIOVAN Group was joined by Progema, a company engaged in design and manufacturing of automation systems and industrial process control. New Piovan subsidiaries were established: Piovan Magreb in Algiers, Piovan Japan in Kobe, Piovan Gulf in Dubai and Piovan Vietnam in Ho Chi Minh.
- The Piovan ancillary equipment includes: aspirators, masterbatch dosers, driers, thermoregulators, central systems, silos
EFFICIENCY IS SUSTAINABILITY
Piovan has always given strong priority to the design of high efficiency technologies, aiming to reduce the environmental impact of its machines. We contribute to reducing the global carbon footprint with an average of 300,000 tons per year of CO2 emissions reduction and more than 600,000,000 kWh per year.
Feeding & Conveying
Drying & Dehumidifying
Dosing & Blending
Acetaldehyde measurement in PET preforms
The Company Neofyton as PIOVAN’s partner
Neofyton is PIOVAN’s partner for the markets of Serbia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Macedonia, Nigeria, and Cameroon. Piovan is a large international group founded in 1934 and has more than 70 years of experience and expertise in the production of ancillary equipment in the injection molding industry. Their service and sales of equipment are available on four continents (Europe, North and South America, Asia).
One of the features of PIOVAN is constant communication with their clients, through ongoing technical support and assistance. The client is included in the solution from the designing stage to the installation and start-up of the facility.
Neofyton youtube chanel
Energy efficiency is a concept that in our part of the world became important towards the end of 2008 and the beginning of 2009, at the outset of the world economic crisis. Most business people had, until then, mostly declaratively considered power consumption as a significant element of the total cost analysis. In these considerations, the impact of energy efficiency on the environment pollution had hardly been tackled at all.
Neofyton was among the first companies in Serbia and the region to start actively demonstrating the importance of energy efficiency, both by cutting production costs and therefore increasing profit rates and building awareness of the resource shortage and broader ecological principles.
Energy savings through the use of Neofyton's machines
In comparison with our direct competitors in the field of plastics injection machines, and with the utilization of standard hydraulics with integrated so-called "smart" pumps, our machines consume as much as 50% less energy. The use of servo-hydraulics opens up the potential of savings as high as 70%. We have a very precise power consumption measuring device to prove this.
The company Engel was the first plastics injection machine manufacturer back in 2009, which introduced the power consumption page as a standard component of the control assembly – "Ecograph", where - next to the weight of each product (molded part) in every cycle - total hourly consumption is shown, as well as the specific power consumption per one kilogram of processed plastics (kWh/kg).
The equipment we represent contributes to ENVIRONMENT PROTECTION in several ways.
When it comes to ancillary equipment, above all water chillers by our supplier Eurochille, used for temperature control of both hydraulics and machine servo motors and molds (tools) in which finished products are made, the chiller systems we sell facilitate the use of a new cooling system based on the so-called "adiabatic effect".
In summer, the hydraulics and servo motors of the injection molding machines call for cooling with water at a maximum of 28°C. Using the so-called "free cooling" device with the "adiabatic effect", cooling of process water is performed without cooling compressors (which use freon as the heat exchanger). Heat exchange, i.e. cooling happens exclusively by the use of ventilators, which translates into six- to eightfold savings compared to traditional chillers that use freon-based compressors.
One of our customers has reduced the required cooling energy by 1.400.000 kWh per year, i.e. by about 70.000 EUR, using the "adiabatic" cooling devices. An additional benefit is the elimination of major pollution risks which might arise from emissions of freon into the atmosphere due to tube puncture or breakage.
A similar calculation can be applied to our Engel injection molding machines, as well as to the Piovan granulate dryers.
Neofyton specializes in construction, design, and installation of centralized Piovan systems for pneumatic transportation of materials to the machines
The experiences and satisfaction of our customers until now indicate that the manufacturers of plastic products in the domestic market are increasingly oriented to investment into high-quality ancillary equipment.
The advantages of high-quality ancillary equipment are: cutting material costs, delivery of know-how, higher product quality, reduced rejects and waste rate, maximum system optimization – higher productivity, automation of work processes, software for production process control and optimization, adapted to various production requirements, design and consulting, the best price/quality ratio, energy efficiency.
AIPC is an automatic injection pressure control system which represents the latest innovation for the PET drying systems presented by Piovan.
Neofyton youtube chanel
The company offers innovative engineering solutions for plastics processing (see video – material processing system – flexible film), new products and services for certain industrial sectors such as packaging, automotive and medical sectors, tubes, and preforms, fibers, advanced automated management of powdered raw materials, high- efficiency cooling systems, software for digital transformation of production (supervisory systems easily used for quick controls of any stage in the process, from anywhere in the world).