Engel Injection Molding Machines
Engel is the world-largest manufacturer of plastics and rubber injection molding machines, offering electrical, hydraulic and hybrid injection molding machines. ENGEL is one of the few 100% family-owned global companies, which is making constant efforts in quality management to offer its clients injection molding machines up to date with all market trends and requirements. The corporate philosophy of this Austrian company is to offer its clients complete injection molding machine solutions from one source (plastics and rubber injection molding machines, automatization, education, and training). The spirit of innovation, built upon decades of experience: ENGEL always keeps abreast of the latest developments and relies on creating state-of-the-art technologies and securing sustainable global growth.
- 1945 – the company founded by Ludwig Engel
- 1948 – the first ENGEL plastics press patented
- 1952 – the first ENGEL injection molding machine launched
- 1959 – complete ENGEL injection molding machine range is out in the market
- 1968 – ENGEL presents its electronic control unit as the standard feature
- 1977 – ENGEL built its first manufacturing site outside Austria
- 1980 – ENGEL linear robots development and production started at Dietach
- by 2013 – ENGEL is the world market leader, with manufacturing sites in Austria, the Czech Republic, Germany, China, and Korea, as well as 29 branch offices worldwide
Injection Molding Machines
machines from 280 kN to 55,000 kN clamping force
ENGEL System Competence
Facility safety technology
Mold change systems
Engel has manufacturing plants at 9 locations in Europe, North America and Asia (China, Korea).
Engel’s branch offices and representatives are located in more than 85 countries.
Engel’s 2019/2020 turnover was 1.1 billion euros worldwide.
Currently, there are about 6,400 people employed in Engel the world over.
Energy efficiency is a concept that in our part of the world became important towards the end of 2008 and the beginning of 2009, at the outset of the world economic crisis. Most business people had, until then, mostly declaratively considered power consumption as a significant element of the total cost analysis. In these considerations, the impact of energy efficiency on the environment pollution had hardly been tackled at all.
Neofyton was among the first companies in Serbia and the region to start actively demonstrating the importance of energy efficiency, both by cutting production costs and therefore increasing profit rates and building awareness of the resource shortage and broader ecological principles.
Energy savings through the use of Neofyton's machines
In comparison with our direct competitors in the field of plastics injection machines, and with the utilization of standard hydraulics with integrated so-called "smart" pumps, our machines consume as much as 50% less energy. The use of servo-hydraulics opens up the potential of savings as high as 70%. We have a very precise power consumption measuring device to prove this.
The company Engel was the first plastics injection machine manufacturer back in 2009, which introduced the power consumption page as a standard component of the control assembly – "Ecograph", where - next to the weight of each product (molded part) in every cycle - total hourly consumption is shown, as well as the specific power consumption per one kilogram of processed plastics (kWh/kg).
The equipment we represent contributes to ENVIRONMENT PROTECTION in several ways.
When it comes to ancillary equipment, above all water chillers by our supplier Eurochille, used for temperature control of both hydraulics and machine servo motors and molds (tools) in which finished products are made, the chiller systems we sell facilitate the use of a new cooling system based on the so-called "adiabatic effect".
In summer, the hydraulics and servo motors of the injection molding machines call for cooling with water at a maximum of 28°C. Using the so-called "free cooling" device with the "adiabatic effect", cooling of process water is performed without cooling compressors (which use freon as the heat exchanger). Heat exchange, i.e. cooling happens exclusively by the use of ventilators, which translates into six- to eightfold savings compared to traditional chillers that use freon-based compressors.
One of our customers has reduced the required cooling energy by 1.400.000 kWh per year, i.e. by about 70.000 EUR, using the "adiabatic" cooling devices. An additional benefit is the elimination of major pollution risks which might arise from emissions of freon into the atmosphere due to tube puncture or breakage.
A similar calculation can be applied to our Engel injection molding machines, as well as to the Piovan granulate dryers.
ENGEL Victory 160
Flexible, energy-efficient and reliable
The universal ENGEL Victory concept is your perfect modular system for the production of a wide range of technical parts made by injection molding technology. Thanks to the unique ENGEL tie-bar-less technology, this relatively small machine may also be used for large molds. Fast, safe and energy-efficient production is a guarantee of high-quality products.
Neofyton youtube chanel
Neofyton youtube chanel
Cycles of plastics recycling
Engel assumes responsibility – for its own products, but also for the products made by the Engel machines. Their operation is characterized by the most important goal – to make the future better for the generations following us.
What is important is the responsible use of plastics all over the world and the creation of conditions in which plastic products can be returned to the recycling process at the end of their service life span.
Multi-component injection molding
- co-injection – affordable manufacturing, robust and food-grade, dual-component parts creating intriguing marbling effects
- combimelt – single-step manufacturing of innovative molded parts made of different materials
- coinmelt – injection molding process for high-precision surfaces in automotive glazing or optical lenses
- foammelt – foam injection molding for lightweight, torsion-free technical moldings
- gasmelt/watermelt – efficient fluid injection technology for impeccable molded part surfaces with high or widely differing wall thicknesses
- variomelt – uniform surfaces, thinnest wall thickness and a superb glossy look, e.g., for modern consumer electronics housings
Surface and optics
- glazemelt – injection molding of large, transparent, lightweight plastic glazing with integrated functions
- tecomelt – low-pressure injection molding technology for the production of superior textile/synthetic composite items in state-of-the-art vehicle construction
- foilmelt – injection molding process for great design effects and integrated smart functions
- clearmelt – injection molding of sturdy scratch-resistant, yet extremely sensitive parts with a self-healing surface and 3D effect
- optimelt – superb quality and high efficiency for lenses and optical components
- varysoft – effective production of multi-dimensional, soft-touch, lightweight interior components for automotive industry
- DecoJect® – injection molding coupled with IMG (In-Mold-Graining) directly from the roll to the mold
- organomelt – producing lightweight plastic components featuring especially high stability and optimum mechanical properties
- HP-RTM – fiber composite technology for perfect shaping and superior properties for large-surface automotive components
- SMC – SMC stands for Sheet Molding Compounds, manufactured in the processed of flow molding (compression molding)
- LIM – single step, fully-automated production of high-quality liquid silicone parts, leaving no waste and no need for rework
- Duroplast BMC – remarkably wear-resistant injection molding technology for high-quality processing of sophisticated thermosets
- Clean Room Components – all-inclusive clean room know-how for perfect, standards-compliant injection molding and automation systems
- PVC – a reliable, economical processing method for standards-compliant, visually impeccable parts
- amorphous metal molding
Digitalization and “smart factory” concepts
Industry 4.0 implies an exchange of information among machines and devices and self-adjustments, along with additional inter-regulation of processes. ENGEL has gone the longest way in this direction. For instance, their customers can already be present at a complete self-loading of parameters on an Engel machine.
Call us for more information
The Engel solutions for SMART FACTORIES
Enhancing production potentials with Engel INJECT 4.0
Engel offers technology and infrastructure which can be used to set up an intelligent machine park in order to enhance production potential:
- smart machine:
- iQ weight control
- iQ clamp control
- iQ flow control
- iQ vibration control
- smart service:
- smart production:
The Engel e-connect user portal
All information in one location – available any time and any place. A free portal for e-connection of users groups together all the information you need about your production system. Logging on the portal enables access to all the required information any time you need them.
The free ENGEL e-calc app is an all-inclusive tool for every injection molder. This tool facilitates straightforward calculation of shot volume, filling pressure, clamping force, cooling time and the screw speed. Instead of spending time on calculations, you will quickly get the desired results with just a few clicks, clearly displayed on one page.
ENGEL plastyfine/plastyfine lite
Detect molding defects quickly and easily with the ENGEL plastyfine app. The all-inclusive image database is always at hand to help you identify defects. ENGEL plastyfine shows both the physical causes and technical process remedies. Your mobile advisor will also provide tips for reducing and avoiding defects. The impact of parameter adjustments on the process and quality of the molded parts is displayed in a transparent and understandable way. Handy troubleshooting hints as well as general processing information are available with a click of a button. Test the free ENGEL plastyfine lite version or make use of the full functionality of the ENGEL plastyfine app.